This article assumes you have a working knowledge of Amazon ELB.
- You will require OpenSSL to generate your Private Key and CSR request. This is available on Apache or downloadable here (Mac OSX has OpenSSL included with terminal)
- Run the following command to generate your private key and csr
openssl req -nodes -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout private.key -out domain.csr
- Order your SSL certificate
- When instructed to paste in your CSR use the domain.csr file you created above.
- Once the SSL application process has completed you will receive back your certificate crt and a CA intermediate crt.
- Open the EC2 Management Console and create a new Load Balancer. When prompted to upload a new SSL certificate, give it a name.
- Place the contents of the private.key file created in the first step into the box labeled Private Key.
- Place the contents of the certificate file crt for your domain in the box labeled Public Key Certificate.
- Place the contents of the CA-Bundle file in the box labeled Certificate Chain.
Updated almost 3 years ago