How to Install and Configure Your SSL Certificate in Exchange 2016
Install and Assign Services to Your SSL Certificate with the EAC
Install SSL Certificate
- Download and open the ZIP file containing your certificate. Your certificate file will be named your_domain_name.cer.
- Copy the your_domain_name.cer file to your Exchange 2016 server's network share folder (where you saved the CSR).
- Access the Exchange Admin Center (EAC) by opening a browser and browsing to the URL of your server (e.g., https://localhost/ecp).
- On the Exchange Admin Center credentials page, enter your Domain/user name and Password and then click sign in.
- In the EAC, in the sidebar menu on the left, click Servers and then in the menu at the top of the page, click Certificates.
- On the Certificates page, in the center pane, select your certificate request and then in the certificate request details pane to the right, under Status, click the Complete link.
Note: Certificate request are listed by their friendly names.
- In the complete pending request wizard, under *File to import, enter the UNC path to where your SSL certificate file is located (e.g., \example\certificates\your_domain_name.cer) and then click OK.
- The certificate should be successfully installed on your Exchange 2016 server, and the status of your certificate request should now be Valid.
- On the Certificates page, in the center pane, select the SSL certificate you just installed and then click ✏ (pencil).
- In the "certificate" window, click Services.
- Next, check all the services for which you want to enable your SSL certificate and then click Save.
- Your SSL certificate should now be enabled for the services you selected on your Exchange 2016 server.
Updated over 2 years ago